Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm in Art Doll Quarterly Summer 2010!!!



I am SOOO excited to share that my dolls are being featured in ADQ's Summer 2010 issue!! And my doll is on the cover!! Woohoo!!! To me, this is a REALLY big deal....and I am just gushing!!! LOL! I'd love for you to take a look at Alice and her friends the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit. They are a fun and quirky trio!
If you click on the picture, you can buy this ADQ edition directly from Stampington, or you can also visit your local bookstore, JoAnn's, etc.

I am considering creating a class around these dolls....most likely just Alice and the Rabbit. If you can create Alice, then you can definitely conjure up a Mad Hatter in the same style :^) But I will definitely give you some tips and tricks for a Hatter! So check back for details.

Speaking of teaching, I'm REALLY considering hitting the road and teaching at locations around the U.S. I've been working feverishly on a bunch of girls, some folk art girlies with glass eyes....and yes, I'm back to my fairies again!! I've missed them so!! SO...

If you or your doll group are interested in possibly having me teach a workshop, please feel free to contact me :^)

Life has been dropping lots of surprises on me...some good, some, well, ya know. So I'm making lemonade if you know what I mean :^) Summer's approaching and I'm looking forward to it--especially since I'm a teacher!! I'm craving the months ahead where I can just relax, be with my two little boys, and just create to my heart's content. Sunbathing optional :^) Chat soon!

Fairy dust,
Candice

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Candice - CONGRATULATIONS your doll on the cover is gorgeous - I have no idea whatsoever how you make something so beautiful! I'm glad you are making lemonade out of the lemons - good for you - did you end up in a new School at all or did you decide to concentrate on your art? Whichever you chose I hope its working out well (even just a little bit for you) - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I loved your Alice in Wonderland dolls in the magazine so I had to come check out your blog! I was out looking from 'one step' crackle medium and could only find 'two step', can you tell me what brand you use?

    Love your work and really enjoyed the article about you and your dolls. :)

    Gretchen
    www.geemarie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Gretchen! I apologize for only seeing your comment now :^( I'm so sorry!

    I buy DecoArt One Step Crackle medium at Hobby Lobby, Michaels or JoAnns. If you can't find it, let me know and I'd be happy to send you a bottle or two :^)

    Hugs,
    Candice

    ReplyDelete